Friday, June 22, 2007

Mullet Man

So after a week of keeping Hudson at home, I decided to have Devon (my little sister) come watch Lucy while I did something one-on-one with Hudson. I took Hudson to Superstition Mall to play in the kids area. He loved it and was being really good until some kid (he had to be about 3) came over and just whacked Hudson on the head and pushed him out of the way. The worst part was this kid had a mullet. I wish I would have had my camera because I could not believe that some mother would actually let her kid that young have a mullet. After the kid hit him then he turned into a monster and started to hit other kids that were in his way. I try so hard to teach him about sharing and taking turns but like everything else it goes in one ear and out the other or more like he isn't listening to me at that point. He finally started to play better and then he decided he was ready to go and ran to his stroller and kept saying "food". So I took him upstairs and let him have a piece of pizza and an ice cream cone. I have to say it was fun just spending time with him.

6 comments:

Becky said...

Wow! you are a good mom! i think if someone walked up to mylie and whacked her i would knock him out! SO SO SO hard to control those emotions! :P What a great idea to give Hudson some one-on-one time. He is a sweetheart! i bet he ate it up!

Chelsea said...

I am cracking up over here about the mullet-- seriously I dont think there is a worse crime in the planet than subjecting an innocent child to a MULLET! How awful! Good for you doing the one on one time with him- that is the thing I had the HARDEST time with when Kosty was born, no more just me and Brayden time. I was so sad about it! But it gets better! and now I can take him on dates and he and I LOVE it!

Brooklyn said...

Hey Randi! I'm going to add you to my friends list K? Your such a good momma! How old is hudson? Sounds like a fun day!

Swirls of Happy said...

Hi Randi! Your family is soooo cute! I love the name Hudson :) I added you to my list so we can blog. We should do a play day sometime because our kids are like one month apart! By the way....hillarious about the mullet!!!

Sarah's Nonsense said...

Hi Randi! Just thought I'd say hello. I'm checking out your blog. I've always found that there is inevitably a "mean" kid in the mall playgrounds. But then when the kids are little you just can't subject them to an outdoor playground in the heat so...what do you do?

Heidi said...

Last time we went there was a little bully too. Only he didn't have a mullet. EWWWW!!!! Once I went to a pizza place with my aunt and I kid you not the whole family had mullets. It was hilarious. They were screaming rednecks.