Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Pre-Christmas Drama

I hate this image but I have to show the torture chamber Lucy had to sit in (by the way that is not Lucy in the picture). Before christmas we had a lot of random sickness at our house. Lucy had it the worst and we were trying to figure out what was going on so her doctor sent her for a chest x-ray to see if she had a pneumonia. I went to the x-ray place (right after she had a catheter put in her to check for a UTI) and she fell asleep in the waiting room, I thought this was great because they will just lay her on the table to take an x-ray while she is sleeping (because that is what happened to Hudson when he had had a chest x-ray). So we get called back and the nurse rolls out this torture chamber and says I need to take off all her clothes from the waist up and strap her in this thing and then leave while she takes the x-ray. Just picture me sitting outside the door telling myself not to cry while Lucy, who had just been woken up, is in this horrible machine with someone she doesn't know screaming "MAMA" over and over again! One of the worst days of my life! I want to talk to the person that invented this contraption, there has to be a better way!

7 comments:

Jenna Lee said...

I definetly would have been in the hall crying... but you never posted what the outcome was... and you need to post pictures of Jenny's little girl since she doesn't have a blog, Brooklyn said she was adorable!!

Randi said...

She was fine, just a "viral infection"! And I was planning on posting pics of Avery but my camera is broken so I am working on it!

Chelsea said...

Oh my gosh, I would have balled. That is horrifying! When Brayden 2, he was pinned down to get stitches, there were 4 people holding him down, and then they convered his face except for the one eye, me and jer were balling!! it was the worst day ever! and the whole time he was screaming our names, then finally he gave up on us and started screaming for his mimi (his blankie). Poor Lucy.

Bart and Becky said...

I totally know what the heck you are talking about. Kaydon had to be put in the contraption at 8 months but i didn't get to leave the room. i had to sit there and watch and see him scream and try to reach for me. I am so sorry. I hope lucy is ok.

Dalan and Elizabeth Dahl said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Dalan and Elizabeth Dahl said...

I can not believe they put her in that. It looks like that kid is stuck in a glass cylender. I am sorry you and Lucy had to go through that. I hope she is ok.

Amy said...

Oh my goodness how traumatizing!!! I would have for sure been bawling, that's insane!!!