Monday, May 19, 2008

DINSEYWORLD

We went to Disneyworld a few weeks ago. Nate had earned a trip from work so we decided to take the kids and my mom with us. It was a lot of fun and stressful all at the same time.











This is the kids driving to the airport. I think Lucy was in shock from the very early awakening.


I worried about the flight there. 4 hours and 45 minutes stranded on a plane with 2 children seems like a recipe for disaster, but it worked out pretty good. We let Lucy roam around below our seats.

Hudson took pictures with his camera and watched movies.

And then right towards the end of the flight Lucy started to get really tired of the plane.

Here we are waiting for our shuttle to the hotel. I was ready to pull my hair out. Hudson kept saying, "Let's go to Mickeys house." We ended up having to wait for a while for our shuttle while Nate was getting the VIP treatment from work.

Our real first day out we went to the Animal Kingdom first. We went on the safari ride.


We saw lots of animals up close (this is the only picture I took of an animal). I hated seeing the crocodiles, there were like 30 of them below this bridge we were driving on.

Hudson liked seeing the animals but was really content on going to "Mickey's House" so we left after going on the Safari Ride to go to the Magic Kingdom.

Finally after probably an hour we got there and jumped on to the Buzz Lightyear ride.
I have to say I think I like Disneyland over Disneyworld. I think the rides are way better at Disneyland and the layout of the park and "parks" is way better there too. At Disneyworld I felt like it took forever to get from park to park and at Disneyland you just walk across the entrance to California Adventure.
We went on a few rides and then caught a parade. Here Lucy is chowing down on a treat. She did extremely well at the parks (as long as she had food in her hands and mouth!).

Hudson loved the parades. We never got to see the parades at night because of Nates work meetings.

The second day we went back to the Magic Kingdom and loaded up on fast passes. Those things are a lifesaver on busy days. Hudson was screaming to ride the horses so we waited in line and jumped on a horse. While we were riding it I couldn't help but think we flew almost 5 hours and you want to ride on a horse, you could have ridden the carousel at Superstition Mall. But he was so excited to ride it so I just enjoyed the ride.

We went to lots of 3-D shows. This one, Mickey's Philharmagic, was my favorite. Hudson loved the glasses we got to wear.


Lucy did too! She loved this show also. She sat and watched the entire thing and was dancing the whole time.


This was on It's A Small World. Lucy absolutely loved this ride. She loves dolls and couldn't stop staring at them. I have a video clip of her dancing during the ride but it is so dark. (she will basically dance to any music)

We only took a picture with Buzz this time. We saw the line wasn't that bad and decide to jump in. Hudson was so excited to see him but then once it was his turn he just kinda froze up and stood there. Lucy was trying to figure out who the heck he was.


This was back at our hotel. My moms room had the best view. I am so glad that she came with us, if it weren't for her we wouldn't have been able to enjoy the trip. All of Nates work "activities or meetings" were for Nate and I only so my mom would babysit while we went to everything.


In that little boat to the left is my mom and Hudson. I was so tired after a day at the parks and my mom took Hudson down to ride on the boats. He loved it. They kept driving by and I would go out on the balcony and wave. I think he could have ridden in that thing all day.

There was so much more that we did that I don't have pictures of. I got a little lazy with taking pictures. We went to all the parks except Epcot. Nates work rented out Universal Studios and had a private concert with Cyndi Lauper. We ate and ate and ate. We rode bikes on the boardwalk, stayed up late every night and woke up early everyday. We were definetly ready to come home after 5 days.

9 comments:

Chelsea said...

Fun Fun FUN! That was so sweet of Sally to come along & help!

vanessa said...

what a blast, i am jealous!

Jenna Lee said...

I was hoping to see some pictures of the shirt you had to wear......darn it!! I guess you can just ware it to the next bunco

Rechelle said...

Moms are the BEST!!!!!! Your kids are amazing travelers - whats your secret? Major brainwashing doesn't even work on mine!

Anonymous said...

fun with a capital f. did you get to keep the glasses? i want a pair if so. remember when you, mom and me went on a foot paddle boat near the temple or something and you guys told me that you lost mom's keys in the water and i started crying because i didn't think we would be able to get home (to CG i think)? yeah, i do.

Sanchez Gang said...

sounds like a bunch of fun!! I wish I could go on vacation!!!

Swirls of Happy said...

What a fun Vacation!!! I bet the kiddos had a blast :)

Dalan and Elizabeth Dahl said...

Um - I was hoping to see the really sexy shirt you have been bragging about. Your trip looked fun!

Brooklyn said...

FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!! No fair!!!!!!!!!